Safe Passage Community Watcher
Position Objective and Summary:
The Community Watcher is posted on community streets and intersections to provide safe passage for students. Students and families are engaged to increase safety to and from school and to essentially improve student attendance, which may lead to increased academic achievement.
Education /Job Experience/Certification:
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Some work or College internship experience preferred.
- Valid government issued identification.
- Minimum of two or more years of work experience, preferably with youth.
Special Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
- Experience living or working in at-risk community preferred
- Knowledge of North Lawndale Community resources preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
This position requires work off-site and in the community
This position requires evening and weekend work hoursApply