Direct Support Professional - FT CILA Tuesday - Saturday
Community Support Services
CSS is a private not-for-profit social/human services agency that initiates, provides and promotes services for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families, within their communities, in order to strengthen their independence, self-esteem and ability to participate in and contribute to community life.
CSS is seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a full-time, Direct Support Professionals (DSP) working with adults diagnosed with intellectual disabilities residing in the community. As a DSP you would assist the individuals with achieving their individualize goals in the areas of activities of daily living skills, community integration, economic independence and other areas outlined in the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
1. Advocates, explains and protects the rights of the individuals and their families.
2. Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team, providing ongoing feedback to Service Coordinator, Program Director, Behavior Analyst, Nurse, etc., regarding individuals’ behavior, health, well-being and other pertinent information.
3. Assists in the development and implementation of the program participant’s Individual Service Plan and Behavior Support Plan to improve social, economic, cultural, health, and personal care skills; participates in team meetings, including staffings/IDT meetings.
4. Provides all necessary direct services based on individuals’ needs, in the home and/or community, including, but not limited to: activities of daily living, personal care, toileting, bathing, grooming, eating, meal planning, grocery shopping, financial management, recreational activity planning, employment, household safety and maintenance, etc.
5. Provides companionship and assists individuals to develop community supports, fostering relationships with non-paid persons in the community, e.g. family members, neighbors, volunteers, landlords, etc.
6. Provides assistance with medical needs, medication administration (if appropriate), and maintenance of health and dental care.
7. Provides support and problem solving assistance on an ongoing basis and at times of crisis.
8. Provides transportation services, including transportation training, as needed.
9. Maintains positive interactions with individuals, family/guardians and co-workers.
10. Develop, follow, and/or implement individuals’ in-home and community activity schedule.
11. Be familiar with agency safety and fire procedures; conduct drills as required.
12. Maintain Universal Precautions at all times.
13. Attend staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Providing direct support to individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Provide direct care support for adults with disabilities
- Provide direct care to persons with developmental and physical disabilities
- Enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties
- Play a directcare role, helping individuals with severe developmental disabilities to learnskills of daily living
- Play a direct care role, helping individuals with severe developmental disabilities to learn skills of daily living
- Support clients with developmental disabilities of different degrees
- Provide support to people with disabilities
- Perform personal care and daily living needs
- Supporting activities of daily living
- Assess the needs of persons with intellectual or other developmental disabilities
- Assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities live a self-directed life
- Complete all daily, weekly, and monthly records, reports, logs, progress notes, location reports, and medical records in a timely fashion
- Teach and assist with everyday living skills, support individuals with community activities including paid employment and volunteer opportunities, facilitate community relationships
- Paid employment and volunteer opportunities
- Instruct individuals with daily living skills
- Work in a residentialsetting, providing support to individuals with intellectual and developmentaldisabilities
- Work in a residential setting, providing support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living best life in a safe environment
- Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation, socialization