Patient Access Coordinator
La Rabida Children's Hospital
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute care specialty facility, we focus on treating those with complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children managing the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place. Oh, and the lakefront views are spectacular too!
Rotating Schedule – (hours of Outpatient Clinic operation are 7:30aam–8:00pm Monday – Friday and Admitting 11:00am-7:00pm on Saturday and Sunday and holidays.)
- Provide prompt assistance and exceptional customer service to patients and their families, both in-person and by phone.
- Collect and enter accurate demographic and insurance information for all outpatient and inpatient services.
- Obtain prior authorization and relay information to all pertinent hospital staff.
- Verify guardianship and secure consent for all patients.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize assignments and daily tasks.
- Knowledge of both Illinois Medicaid and commercial insurance preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail, while still maintaining department productivity standards.
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some post-secondary education preferred
- Registration/Scheduling/Admitting experience preferred, although an extensive customer service background in a professional office setting will be considered.
What you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
- Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.