CATV Headend Wiring Technician
DataVision is seeking experienced rack, stack, and wiring inside plant technicians in for immediate placement. These positions are contract, with possible conversion to permanent.
- Rack, stack and wire electronic equipment in telecommunications cabinets.
- Pulling, connectorizing, and dressing co-ax, mini-coax in a in a CATV inside plant environment.
- Working with cat 5, cat 6, and fiber is also part of the job.
- Install MCX connectors on mini-coax cables
- Able to organize, square bundle and terminate coax wiring utilizing tie wrap and/or lace methods.
- Label wires as needed.
- Responsible for the installation and wiring of networking devices such as rack mounted routers, Satellite receivers, Demodulators, EAS, Ad Insertion, Modulators, RF combining, Optical Transmitters/Receivers and Power/Fuse panels.
- Working with your own tools to perform tasks above.
- Those that are proficient and uniquely skilled in these area will be considered as leads.
- One year of experience racking, stacking and wiring in CATV Headend, Central Office or Data Center environment
- Candidates with CATV Headend experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experienced in installing and neatly dressing all associated wiring.
- Experience working with MCX and F connectors.
- Experienced working with fiber and Ethernet cabling.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Must provide own basic hand tools, including mini cable crimpers and strippers, for wiring and installations.
- Candidates must be willing to travel when required.
- Be reliable and dependable.