Heavy Project Retail Merchandiser - Travel
The Heavy Project Retail Merchandiser is dedicated to setting up new stores from the ground up and remodeling existing stores to fit client needs. The Heavy Project Merchandiser will assist Project Managers in ensuring that our client’s expectations are met in a professional and cost-effective manner. The position is responsible for personally performing and/or working with a team to complete all aspects of each project. This includes unloading trucks, assembling fixtures, stocking shelves, and more. The Heavy Project Merchandiser will be required to work all assigned projects during a trip, which may include overnight hours and/or out of state visits. Please note that in areas with a higher minimum wage, employees will be hired at a compliant rate.
- Utilize plan materials and direction from Project Managers to create positive in-store experiences
- Execute tasks to set up new stores or remodel existing ones
- Handle all merchandising tasks related to such plans, such as: fixture installation, displays, signage, gondola placement, stocking, and other related tasks
- Exceed client expectations and deliver within the stated timeframe
- Participate in on-the-job training and travel with a team on an ongoing basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous reset and/or merchandising experience preferred
- Have a valid, government issued ID
- Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and be on your feet for long periods of time (up to 12 hours)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds
- Preferably have access to personal transportation, but not required to have it. Must have reliable transportation throughout a multi-state region (carpooling is acceptable).
- Have a working phone to be contacted at regularly
- Positive, self-starter attitude
- Must be willing to travel frequently depending on business needs; approximately 85% travel is required