Our client is currently seeking a 3D BIM designer/drafter to work in the Substation BIM Department of the Power Delivery Division.
• The successful candidate will support substation project work and will build 3D models, assemblies, 2D drawings, material lists, and calculations to support design.
• The successful candidate shall be able to identify and model relevant equipment from vendor equipment specifications and keep to the project schedule.
• Other duties include understanding and adhering to internal and client modeling & drafting standards and working individually within a team to complete complex and technically challenging aspects of electric utility substation design.
• Associate degree or equivalent technical education.
• Proficiency using Autodesk Revit design software.
• Candidate must have an understanding of g eometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Candidate must have a strong attention to detail.
• Candidate must be able to read 2D manufacturer prints.
• The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills in order to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
• 3+ years' experience in manufacturing design or equivalent.
• Electric utility substation design experience a plus.
• Familiarity with BIM 360, Inventor, Dynamo, Navisworks, Civil 3D, ACADE, and/or SDS Toolkits a plus.
• Ability to produce applicable models & drawings from rough sketches, vendor drawings, etc.
• Ability to select and apply materials based on technical requirements.
• Ability to generate material lists for equipment required for design and construction.
• Ability to generate manufacturing quality prints for steel fabrication and construction
- Produce drawings or modify existing drawings
- Draw and design customer drawings and tooling drawings
- Revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
- Translate information from vendor drawings to detailed engineering drawings
- Review design drawings for design compliance and constructability
- Develop design concepts while completing design layouts and assembly drawings
- Prepare drawings and assists in design drafting
- Check engineering drawings for quality
- Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
- Create assembly and parts drawings
- Creating preliminary design drawings adhering to established design guidelines
- Finding existing drawings within system
- Provide documentation for custom modifications of current products to meet weekly production schedules
- Prepare various cad drawings to detailed production drawings
- Prepare simple design documentation and complete detail and layout drawings
- Ensure accuracy of assembled models using existing engineering drawings
- Used in or in conjunction with system design drawings
- Revising construction drawings per customer redlines
- Develop drawings of various disciplines
- Develop civil drawings for all phases of the engineering design