Location: Chicago, IL COMPANY DESCRIPTION * Levy is the premium restaurant and sports & entertainment dining company within the Compass Group family of companies. With over 40 thousand employees and in excess of $2 billion in revenues in 2019, Levy was named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports by Fast Company magazine. Levy's diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants, iconic sports and entertainment venues, and convention centers, as well as premium food service at events such as the Super Bowl, PGA Championship, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA All-Star Games. For more, visit www.levyrestaurants.com or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. * Levy's parent company, Compass Group North America, is comprised of a family of independent operating companies, all coming together to form the leading food service management and support services company in the United States with over 300 thousand employees and $20 billion in revenues in 2019. Compass Group was named one of America's 500 Best Employers by Forbes, ranking as the highest contract food and support services company. For more on Compass Group North America, visit us at www.compass-usa.com or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. POSITION INFORMATION Levy is currently searching for a General Counsel in its Chicago, Illinois home office to coordinate all legal matters and serve as the primary legal advisor to the organization's senior management team. The General Counsel will be primarily responsible for negotiating and drafting a broad range of complex commercial contracts and management agreements, and providing counsel to the business at all levels of the organization. The General Counsel will have a direct reporting relationship to the Levy CEO, and a functional reporting relationship to the EVP, General Counsel for Compass Group North America. RESPONSIBILITIES The General Counsel will have the following responsibilities:
• Serving as the lead lawyer and business advisor on all significant business and legal matters involving Levy and its subsidiary companies.
• Interfacing on a regular basis with the Levy senior leadership team, and other business leaders, to address sophisticated business and legal issues related to complex transactional matters, critical commercial contracts and other general corporate matters.
• Managing a team of legal professionals, including seasoned attorneys.
• Directly negotiating, drafting, and advising on commercial contracts and management agreements on Levy's behalf.
• Oversight of corporate governance matters, including working closely with, counseling and advising the senior leadership.
• Advising and counseling on licensing and regulatory compliance throughout all 50 States, including interfacing with various regulatory bodies.
• Serving as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions and joint ventures, in particular during the due diligence phase.
• Oversight of employment and litigation matters.
• Managing effective use, coordination and oversight of outside counsel when necessary.
• Participating on the Compass Group North America Legal Leadership Team on company-wide legal initiatives and sharing best practices, and collaborating with the Compass Group North America Legal Team specialty support functions (employment process & compliance, HR support, litigation, IP, IT, licensing, procurement, etc.). QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS This position requires an accomplished attorney with strong business orientation, management and problem-solving skills. Personal and professional 'fit' within Levy's culture is of paramount importance, a strong team player is a must. Candidates must be self-motivated and exhibit a passion for understanding Levy's business and contributing in a meaningful way to its strategy and long term strategic goals. In addition to possessing the requisite legal and technical skills, the successful candidate must approach this role from an experienced business perspective and demonstrate a high degree of ethics and integrity, as well as strategic/conceptual thinking capabilities. Candidates who are true corporate generalists and experienced team players will be the best fit for this role. FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES * J.D. from an accredited law school. * 7+ years of legal experience commensurate with the responsibilities, qualifications and skills required for the position. * A strong corporate generalist who has a track record of successfully addressing corporate and business unit legal concerns, providing sound guidance to a CEO and senior leadership teams. * Experience handling all manner of complex business transactions, including negotiating transactions and leading or supporting legal due diligence associated with M&A. * Demonstrated superior collaboration and relationship building skills. * Strategic and innovative thinker who can bring value to clients and find creative solutions to complex legal problems. * Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and be able to interact at all levels within the Company. Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.