Global Vendor Finance - Sr Leasing Sales Officer
Bank of America
Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
*Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
Experienced, high-performing sales professional with responsibility for the origination of new vendor finance programs. Key attributes of the role include:
- Origination of 2-5 new vendor finance programs annually, each expected to produce $10 million of first year volume with expectations of significant volume growth over time
- Strategic prospecting of large corporate and middle market clients of Bank of America
- Leverage the network of Bank of America relationship managers through internal sales, product education and prospect qualification
- Develop and deepen relationships with prospective clients
- Assess client’s strategic, operational, financial, liquidity, accounting and tax objectives and deliver tailored vendor finance programs to fulfill those objectives
- Deliver a broad range of capabilities – two party or three party, small ticket to large ticket, portfolio or one off transactions, disclosed or private label, with or without recourse
- Lead cross-functional deal teams of credit, risk, contracts, legal, pricing and syndications professionals to deliver impactful solutions and industry-best experience to clients
This position is posted as a SVP/Sr Sales Officer, but is flexible to be filled as a VP/Sales Officer based on the skill set/experience of the candidate.
Bachelor’s degree – accounting, finance, economics or other business concentration; MBA preferred
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
10 plus years of experience in the commercial finance and/or equipment leasing arena, with a preference for sales experience in the vendor finance market.
- Deep expertise and experience in vendor finance, preferably with a large, regulated financial institution
- Exceptional client management skills
- Proven ability to work with vendors and their sales teams and/or dealer networks to drive higher financing penetration rates with end-user customers
- In-depth knowledge of vendor program structure, design and documentation
- Expertise in credit, legal/contracts, structuring, finance, accounting, pricing and documentation
- In-depth industry and market knowledge including competitive environment, economic conditions, client behavior and market trends
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the current regulatory environment, and ability to operate in a compliant manner
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software applications
- Travel 35%
- Location – Chicago
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40