Chief Operating Officer (COO)
About Everywhere Wireless
Everywhere Wireless is Chicago's fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP) changing the way Internet is being delivered. The company competes with Comcast and AT&T to provide internet access to business and residential customers throughout Chicago and its first ring suburbs. Using the most advanced microwave and fiber-optic technology, EW has disrupted the status quo in the ISP space by providing customers with a superior Internet experience, all-the-way-around. Just see our 5-star Google and Yelp! Ratings.
The Chief Operating Officer acts as part strategist and part troubleshooter with a laser-like focus on execution. This role is focused on supporting our operations Executives by meeting target goals, controlling operational costs, ensuring operation team excellence, identification of failures and rapidly enacting solutions. A successful candidate will have dynamic interpersonal and communications skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and keep multiple discrete projects and initiatives on track. In addition, this role will assume the management of multiple operational-based teams that have significant impact on our customer experience, so this role must have a burning desire to grow the innovation that will continue to drive our best in industry customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Executive Team in tracking and execution of all projects, tasks, and initiatives. This may include everything from building-level equipment upgrades to building company vehicle fleet.
- Manage and grow the capabilities of Call Center, Field Service, Activation , Engineering and Construction teams. This position will ensure tracking and prioritization of both immediate issues as well as new initiatives. Act as a player/coach in both managing department managers and members as well as being able to contribute directly to each team.
- Brainstorm with the Executive Team to discover new solutions and approaches to customer-facing problems. Take these concepts through development cycle to implementation in rapid fashion with an eye towards positive ROI and sustainability.
- Create plans and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of internal technology infrastructure, including networks, servers, databases, etc. Grow internal IT capabilities and roadmap to internal technology initiatives.
- Set performance metrics and attain them through coaching, team direction and ensuring proper documentation, and creation of systems/processes.
- Ensure communication between managers and departments for rapid response to outages as well as new building activations.
- Review staffing models and ensure proper headcount; manage hiring, onboarding, and training processes for new employees.
- Analyze customer needs and determine how operations can be altered to improve service to customers and better meet their needs. Creation of SOPs for compliance intra-department; ensure training and ongoing monitoring and iterations of SOPs.
- Implementing and tracking ongoing fail/fix meetings for all department managers