Senior Global Category Manager (Labor, BPO) - Highland Park, IL
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Senior Global Category Manager (Labor, HR, BPO) will be responsible for the execution of strategies to significantly reduce costs. This role will partner with internal customers and build relationships with key stakeholders and be responsible for achieving savings, managing contract implementation, and tracking impact. The goal is to achieve reductions in total costs of services while maintaining or improving supplier quality and service.
My client is a Fortune 200 firm in Chicago's Northern suburbs with a mature strategic sourcing organization that is primed to add additional top talent. They offer a great deal of flexibility between working from home and remote capabilities.
The Senior Global Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Development and execution of strategies through the strategic sourcing process
- Serve as an expert in the strategic sourcing process within professional services categories, including strategy execution, contract negotiations and TCO reductions
- Develop and execute the process to select and manage suppliers
- Lead supplier selection and negotiation process for key sourcing projects
- Establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with the senior management of key suppliers
- Track forecasted vs. actual savings for sourced categories and responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact
- Work with stakeholders in business units to ensure savings are built into budgets and annual operating plan
- 5+ years of category management/strategic sourcing experience
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Exemplary negotiation skills in a robust and global corporate procurement environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal customers and earn "buy in" from tough stakeholders
The target compensation for the Senior Global Category Manager - Professional Services is $120,000 - $140,000 base salary + bonus