Lead Housekeeper - Housekeeping, Full-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Lead Housekeeper will, within specified guidelines, lead work activities of Housekeeper I and II performing tasks in order to maintain assigned area in orderly, sanitary and attractive condition for patients and personnel.
The Lead Housekeeper will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Lead Housekeeper will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Lead Housekeeper will:
- Inspect assigned area to ensure departmental standards are being maintained.
- Supply staff with proper supplies and equipment as needed. Maintain inventory and recommend supply purchases.
- Inspect equipment to insure cleanliness and state of repair; report any discrepancies to supervisor.
- Be responsible for setting up meeting and conference rooms according to schedule specifications.
- Perform general housekeeping responsibilities on a daily basis, such as mopping, dusting, vacuuming, carpet shampooing and other related duties.
- Assist supervisor and control work schedules and assignments according to priorities; may relieve employee within section to perform related duties assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in the training of new employees to the section.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to Supervisor, Building and Environmental Services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions and write a word or phrase.
- Knowledge of recurrent work routines and procedures, operation of non-complex equipment normally acquired during a week or less orientation on the job.
- Ability to frequently move objects weighing between twenty to fifty pounds.
- Interpersonal skills to provide basic information and perform activities.
- Normal patient care and office environment with exposure to dust, noise, offensive odors and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to infectious disease when cleaning patient rooms.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.