Manager, Sales Compensation
As a Manager, Sales Compensation in our Business Operations team you will be responsible for design, development, implementation, and management of innovative global Sales compensation programs and initiatives, ensuring they are consistent with CareerBuilder Total Rewards strategy and overall business objectives. This is a working management role where you will roll up your sleeves and dive in. You are able to see the long-term impact of today's decisions, supporting a rapidly changing organization. You will have a level of integrity and drive to get things done.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Provide leadership and direction to the Sales Compensation team as a capable people leader by setting clear expectations, constantly communicating about results, behaviors and the future and developing your team for the next step.
- Create and standardize the sales commission function for CareerBuilder, with the support of a Sales Compensation analysts in the forecasting, administration and payment of variable compensation
- Audit and review of compensation cost, while ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Support and develop improvements to our sales compensation design, own the annual plan revision cycle and related policies and procedures by partnering across Finance, Sales Leadership, Sales Ops and HR.
- Monitor, analyze and present compensation plan effectiveness to leadership via Sales Review QBR packages
- Conduct cost modeling to support annual compensation expense and perform "what if" scenarios for impact of accelerators, excellence points and other variables
- Conduct sales incentive and quota attainment analytics and make recommendations to support sales talent strategy
- Own Global Sales Compensation case queue and meet team SLA's
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure consistency in data and opportunity information
- Provide training on compensation mechanics, plans and policy
- Coordinate continuous improvements and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that all sales compensation functions are performed in an efficient and cost-effective manner and compliant with all corporate policies.
- Work closely with other functions to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner
Core Competencies: To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in sales compensation procedures
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own work is complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience designing, communicating, and administering sales compensation plans, preferably in a global software and services industry
- 3+ years' experience successfully developing and leading a team
- Advanced Excel and Tableau experience strongly preferred
- Experience running and analyzing reports from Salesforce CRM strongly preferred
- Experience in BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation by SAP) software preferred
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proven process improvement, lean methodology experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to Executive leadership.
- Excellent customer service skills required. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field- MBA Preferred
*CareerBuilder employees are currently remote. We do have offices based in Chicago and Atlanta. When it is safe to return to the office, you will have the ability to continue to be remote or utilize the Chicago or Atlanta offices as determined by your manager.