Ref ID: 01300-0011802940
Classification: Tax Manager - Public
To apply for this Tax Manager role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org) In the subject line, type "Tax Manager role"
• Responsible for all aspects of federal, state, local, and international direct and indirect tax compliance and planning, and the accounting for income taxes under US GAAP
• Ensure corporate compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal tax rules and regulations
• Establish and maintain tax policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance and strong internal controls under SOX requirements
• Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison between company and external tax advisors
• Develop internal policies relating to taxation and implement these policies into existing accounting and business practices
• Research and document tax strategies and new tax laws
• Manage all tax audits from federal, state, and local jurisdictions
• Fulfill documentation requests for outside tax advisors and auditors
• 6 to 8 years of experience
• CPA required
• Public Accounting experience as a senior associate or manager strongly preferred
• Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred
• Self-managed, self-motivated, goal-oriented with strong desire to succeed
• ASC 740 experience
• Federal, state, and local compliance experience
• Exposure to SOX control environment
• Willing to assist with ad-hoc regulatory compliance issues such as 1099 reporting, annual reports, business licensing, etc.
• Eager to act as a business partner and work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal, HR, IT, and Sales orgs
• Advanced Excel capabilities
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.