Field Construction Engineer - Chicago, IL
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Construction Engineer will report into the Senior Project Manager and be a part of 1-4 projects at a time across the Chicago area. With a strong backlog of industrial and medical projects already assigned for 2021, this Construction Engineer will get good exposure to a variety of duties (including estimating) spanning both large and small projects.
My client is the #1 General Contractor is the Chicagoland area. With a reputation of producing quality work at the highest level, my client is in need of Construction Engineers that will help continue this reputation in the light industrial and cold storage space. This client is known throughout the US and has a presence in Chicagoland in excess of a $1B per year - making them the largest GC in a single market in the country. Any Construction Engineer within this company is taken care of extremely well (high compensation, bonus, travel bonus, 401(k), car allowance, etc.) and with an average tenure of 12 years, it will most likely be the final company you work for. Superintendents are vital to this company and are given completely control over the project schedule and finances.
- Developing, tracking, and maintaining project schedules
- Reviewing critical path, and quickly adapting or accelerating projects to meet deadlines
- Reporting, and updating directors of project schedule
Management and Leadership:
- Oversee tendering process and contract administrator
- Overall planning and defining of project scope for all subcontractors, and employees
- Project resource allocation from internal and external resources.
- Project documentation, communication and reporting
- Cost estimating, and budget development in collaboration with senior directors
- Quality Control
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans if required
- Ongoing troubleshooting and problem solving
- Oversee project team including Project Coordinators, Superintendents and Project Engineers
- Ensure project is built on budget, on schedule and on drawing specifications
- Minimum 3 years of commercial or multifamily residential construction related experience
- Experience overseeing large high-rise and podium multifamily and commercial projects an asset
- Certificate, University degree, or college diploma would be an asset
- Project Management education an asset
- Base salary of between $ 65,000 and $ 85,000
- Additional performance related bonus scheme
- Company vehicle or car allowance once promoted
- Team management opportunity if strong performance well
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision etc.)
- Competitive 401K contributions
- Competitive PTO (over 20 days total)
- Clearly defined career progression