IT Business Office Program Manager
IT Business Office Program Manager - INF001542
The IT Business Office Program Manager is responsible for coordinating initiatives focused on improving business performance throughout the IT department. These initiatives include facilitating and supporting ongoing cost reduction efforts, strategic development and implementation of initiatives, aiding in the development and oversight of specific strategic tracks of work, and driving these initiatives to enable long-term benefits.
- Support the financial performance improvement Juno initiative within the IT organization including:
- Drive the process and methodology that is focused on coordinating Juno processes throughout IT in a phased approach
- Educate and promote Juno within the IT organization to implement this as a permanent function
- Assist the organization in developing short-term (next 12 months) and long-term (2-5 years) goals for operating costs and capital expenditures with an emphasis on delivering improvement in key IT metrics
- Lead and coordinate functional and financial performance improvement across IT by providing analytical support to initiatives, tracking process, development of metrics to evaluate progress, tracking benefits etc.
- Lead sessions with process owners to discuss ideation, achievements, business cases, and the prioritization of current spending and charting the development of plans focused on improving business results
- Maintain a program management function within IT to track initiatives, drive accountability and measure results.
- Understand performance variances and provide feedback and direction to senior leadership, finance leadership and executives with a focus on delivering desired results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of broad experience in IT analysis, budgeting, accounting or other relevant subject area.
- Good project management skills to ensure coordination across the enterprise and completion of key outputs on time.
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership of assigned projects and shows independent initiative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; with abilities to present clearly; and to persuade and motivate.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with budgeting and strategy concepts and frameworks.
- Ability to function efficiently in multi-functional teams.
- Flexible attitude with changing assignments and priorities is imperatives.
- Strong team orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values, outstanding integrity.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate efficiently across the USCC and TDS all levels of the organizations.
- Advanced degree (MBA).
- Experience with leading zero-based budgeting or cost reduction initiatives.
- Previous experience in the telecom industry, particularly the wireless segment.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.