Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
- We are looking for someone with a positive attitude that performs will in a fast pasted team environment
- The Chemist will primarily provide support to the Senior Chemist and Chemical Laboratory Manager to complete daily work and to expand capabilities offered by the Chemical Laboratory.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience with method validation using GC/MS and LC/FID
- This position is responsible for the performing, validating, completing, recording, and reporting routine testing and the managing of projects in the experienced chemist role
- This position reports to the Chemical Laboratory Manager
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive
- Perform spectrophotometry, chromatography, wet-chemistry, microscopic or fiber-chemistry analyses to generate accurate, repeatable and reliable results including interpretation beyond simple library comparison, tests development, and set-up
- Digest and extract samples while safely handling chemicals
- Schedule and manage tests to meet project deadlines
- Review raw data for relevant tests and provide suggestion to the senior chemist and/or manager
- Review and release results ensuring traceability and correctness
- Perform testing according to the standard operating procedure with no deviations
- Effectively communicate issues with customer service and registration/coordination for quick resolution.
- Maintain instruments and laboratory equipment
- Ensure all testing is compliant with industry standards
- Responsible for training of technicians and junior chemists and maintaining training records
- Responsible for meeting all quality requirements as stated in the Laboratory Quality Manual
- Maintain and improve internal procedures and standard test methods
- Ensure proper implementation, validation, and, utilization of new procedures
- Responsible for all equipment, software, supplies, area efficiency, productivity, and development
- Responsible for delivering on the needs of the customer
- Assist senior chemist or management with his/her duties as needed
- Responsible for housekeeping within assigned area and the cleaning of glassware
- Responsible for company/divisional safety rules and the adherence to wearing the proper PPE
- Perform other work as required
- Ability to independently operate advanced instrumentation in liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, and/or inductively coupled plasma spectroscopy and their corresponding operational software
- Proven trouble shooting skills in instrumentation
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory systems
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in both verbal and written format
- Ability to remain flexible with work schedule, including working varying shifts and / or overtime as business needs dictate
- Physical dexterity to operate equipment and perform the technical and clerical functions necessary to effectively and efficiently perform the duties of the job. This may include: bending/stooping, turning/twisting, reaching, balancing, and mobility to travel to other work sites. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
- MS Office proficiency
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in Chemistry or related science field with 6+ years direct experience or Master%26rsquo;s Degree or higher with 4+ years direct experience
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world%26rsquo;s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.