Project Manager - Customer Service & Distribution
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Des Plaines, IL currently has an opportunity for a Project Manager, Customer Service & Distribution. The Project Manager, Customer Service & Distribution will manage projects with representation from all key functional areas. Effective, efficient management of project scope and deliverables to achieve growth to Abbott. Responsible for managing medium to large-scale projects from beginning to end, with accountability for project execution. Demonstrate stewardship and provide project leadership to meet Division strategies and business objectives. Deliver project excellence by incorporating best practices in project management to meet and or exceed customer needs. Identify process issues and recommend improvements to team members and management. Act as point of contact for project reporting & updates. Provide support as required to Program or Portfolio Management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with team in establishing ground rules and chartering team.
- Ensure project scope is clearly defined.
- Develop and manage project plan to meet deliverables.
- Facilitate completion of project documentation and recommend readiness management review
- Participate in project assessments and communicate lessons learned.
- Responsible for execution of scope change management and project close-out processes.
- Provide cross-functional forecasting, tracking, reporting and oversight on project budget, expenditures and metrics
- Facilitate project team members through the project management process; ensure team is working within project scope and addressing questions for next project review.
- Create and deliver project review presentations.
- Document project plan in Project Management (PM) software and maintain project documentation.
- Manage cross-functional project timeline and follow-up with project team members to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Proactively identify and manage project opportunities/ issues/ risks.
- Collaborate with representatives from appropriate functional areas across the division to meet project objectives.
- Drive for results and timely decision-making.
- Resolve project team conflicts.
- Responsible for identifying critical project issues and risks, and timely communication to senior leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to manage, communicate, and coordinate the project management phases of Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating and influencing cross-functionally
- Demonstrated leadership competencies
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Strong integration skills; ability to coordinate all aspects of a project
- Experience within distribution and customer service
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.