Creative Financial Staffing
Tax Manager (High Net Worth) - Highly visible role, opportunity for growth
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a leading public accounting firm in the Northwest suburbs
- Due to growth, they are looking to hire a Tax Manager to join their team
- The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
- They offer excellent benefits, including 401K match, healthcare, unlimited PTO, 12 weeks paid maternity leave, & career advancement
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- 'I came from a Big4 accounting position, and could not have better things to say about this company. They are family-focused, and the work-life balance is so much better than I had at the same role at a Big4 position.'
- 'Compensation, benefits, very employee-oriented, values giving back to the community, and truly promotes a work-life balance. Additionally, there is a good sense of community which is promoted through employee social events throughout the year- the nice thing about this is there's no pressure to participate if you'd prefer not to.'
- 'Has a close-knit culture that allows you to interact and get to know everyone in the firm. Everyone is very willing to make time to help you learn and grow. Partners and managers are very accessible, and the office has a friendly open-door policy. The firm invests in the training and development of its employees which makes it a great place to begin or grow your career.'
Overview of the Tax Manager role:
- Tax manager will act as a mentor to younger staff, while working directly with Senior Managers and Partners daily
- Tax managers operate as leaders and mentors within our Firm.
- They lead engagements, develop recommendations, and provide proactive advice based on their knowledge of tax law, particularly that of high net-worth families and individuals
- Manage and review of sophisticated individual returns and related planning
- Manage and review Estate, Gift and Fiduciary tax returns and related planning
- Provide solutions and ideas for tax technical matters
Preferred Qualifications for the Tax Manager:
- CPA a must
- Hold or working towards an advanced degree (MST or JD with Tax Emphasis) preferred
- 5+ years of High Net Worth tax client experience within a public accounting firm or family office
- Supervisory experience