For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
We are recruiting for a Pension Analyst to join the Benefits Administration Group with the Chicago Retirement practice.
The Opportunity: This position affords an immediate opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills. The Pension Analyst will deliver results to a broad and diverse range of clients.
The Role: The Pension Analyst is responsible for the preparation of a variety of benefit calculations which include straight forward benefit calculations, post-Normal Retirement actuarial increase calculations, Minimum Required Distributions, and Suspension of Benefit/Return to Work calculations. Individual will review Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), prepare shared and/or separate interest calculations for alternate payee, and work on other assigned projects for clients across all markets in the Midwest. Additional responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- data collection from clients, consultants, and client teams;
- preparation and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets used to perform certain pension calculations;
- research of plan discrepancy issues;
- review of plan document provisions in order to prepare benefit calculations;
- preparation of letters to clients summarizing regarding calculations results; and
- manage plan administration procedures as it relates to regulatory compliance rulings, communicate with both internal client teams and external client contacts, and update or create model programs for calculation purposes.
Key Requirements: The qualified candidate must have:
- an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related discipline;
- excellent analytical skills, advanced Excel skills, and other relevant computer and software skills;
- strong time and project management skills; and
- attention to detail as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.