Support Analyst, Chief Technology Organization
Bank of America
- This is a critical role requiring a motivated and flexible individual who must be confident in directing procedural and technical support within a Front Office Support team, and will demonstrate resilience when faced with demanding clients.
- This individual will work in close collaboration with the Application Developers, peer Support Leads, Application Managers, Offshore teams and Infrastructure Support. This is a high-profile role working in a high intensity environment which demands an individual to display Business and Technical acumen, the ability to assimilate lots of information quickly, with focus on Incident and Problem Management whilst being highly adaptable to a changing trading environment.
- The role provides an opportunity to gain a strong understanding of several FICC businesses and technology areas. The depth and breadth of the support offered by this team makes it an excellent environment in which to learn and train others. The successful candidate has the chance to enhance capabilities of the support team and provide a leading example within the Support Environment..
- Providing technical support for eTrading applications, in close collaboration with Desk Analysts supporting Fixed Income trading
- Monitoring of critical trading system environments
- Troubleshooting of complex systems issues
- Proactive identification and resolution of problem hotspots
- Development of tools and driving efficiency/stability improvements
- Accurate tracking of support effort to enable effective management reporting
- Release implementation and enforcement of change management policy
- Incident Management and Problem Management
- Identifying opportunities to simplify and improve processes
- Ownership and delivery of on-boarding support of or processes into the MAPS organization
- Build and maintain solid partnerships with business stakeholders, application development teams and infrastructure contacts
- Resilience and confidence working in a high pressure trading environment
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work autonomously and independently solve problems when needed
- Unix/Linux and SQL experience are essential
- Scripting experience: Python, Perl, shell, etc.
- Experience with IT Service Management, ITIL processes
- Trading industry knowledge
- Occasional second shift coverage, plus weekend coverage rotation
- Monitoring, instrumentation, automation tools: ITRS Geneos, Splunk, Ansible, AppDynamics
- FIX protocol
- End-to-end knowledge of trade-lifecycles
- Familiarity with ECNs: BBG, TradeWeb, MarketAccess, etc.
- Knowledge of release and change management principles
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40