Associate Benefits Consultant
For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
We are seeking an Associate Benefits Consultant for the Midwest region. The candidate may be based out of our Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit or Minneapolis office.
The Associate Benefits Consultant will support and grow a book of business with emphasis in the Multiemployer Market. The successful candidate will also be considered for opportunities in the Corporate and Public Sector markets.
The Opportunity: The individual will step into a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity to work directly with clients in supporting and eventually leading the client service team.
The Role: The role of an Associate Benefits Consultant includes partnering with other Consultants on client management, project management, and new business development. The Associate Benefits Consultant has the secondary relationship accountability for assigned or procured clients, overall servicing responsibility, and client satisfaction. In addition to maintaining positive relationships, the Associate Benefits Consultant will collaborate with others across Segal to achieve technical knowledge of our service offerings and provide clients with a full array of our consulting services.
Key accountabilities include:
• Understanding client issues, anticipating client needs (aka: staying ‘ahead of the game’), and navigating the various potential solutions;
• Establishing rapport and building effective working relationships within client organizations,
• Learning about creative, innovative and strategic opportunities to ultimately help guide clients and colleagues around the issues and emerging developments in the employee health benefits and retirement benefits industries,
• Assisting and later being responsible for billing and developing communications to clients, and
• Collaborating with others at Segal to build and maintain effective and influential client relationships.
•The Associate Benefits Consultant partners with client service teams and plays a proactive role in contributing to the overall intellectual and professional development within the teams.
Key Requirements: The qualified candidate must have:
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree. MBA preferred, not required. Experience in consulting or employee benefits preferred,
• Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills,
• Ability to step immediately into a direct client contact role,
• Business acumen and strong project management skills,
• Demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator,
• Proven learning agility and flexibility,
• Skill in developing ways to communicate information into actionable terms that clients will grasp and be able to act upon,
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients, and
• Ability and interest to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences including, but not limited to, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, generations, cultures, military status, well-being and flexibility. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment at Segal is critical to our success, as it allows us to attract and retain the best talent and to enable that talent to be successful in achieving his/her professional and personal goals. For Segal a diverse and inclusive workplace is a win/win, as it provides us the ability to leverage our top talent allowing us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.Apply