Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
JOB SUMMARY: Perform Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing activities to ensure that MultiPlan business applications meet requirements and function correctly.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyze business requirements and technical specifications for Multiplan applications. Create the corresponding test plans, and test cases for Multiplan's SQA team.
2. Execute SQA testing of MultiPlan applications in accordance with project documentation and aligned with company standards.
3. Perform back-end (database) testing using SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server databases. Perform regression and integration testing.
4. Perform front-end (functional) testing of Web and GUI applications.
5. Analyze test results. Log defects in HP Quality Center. Partner with project team members on the resolution and re-testing of identified defects and issues.
6. Prepare reports of defects, test results, etc., through HP Quality Center.
7. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
8. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
9. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
10. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
14. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent works under limited supervision and relies on judgment and experience to complete job responsibilities. Work is varied and fairly complex, with more complex issues referred to a higher level. The incumbent strives to continuously improve service delivery according to industry standard quality management guidelines and principles and analyzes products based on company guidelines.
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree, or 3 years of IT experience
* Minimum 3 year experience performing Software Quality Assurance testing
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Knowledge of Software QA automated test tools
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of health care industry a plus
* Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
* Knowledge of defect tracking tools.
* Knowledge of health care EDI formats and processes a plus
* Communication (verbal, written and listening), planning, organizing, analytical, project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
* Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
* Ability to operate in a dynamic change environment
* Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and Project
* Ability to write intermediate SQL and Oracle database queries.
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (low copay & deductible
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.