Vice President of Global Strategic Sourcing
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The VP of Global Strategic Sourcing is responsible for leading procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. The VP will work with business units to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts.
Our Client is a leading privately held Global Food and Beverage Distributor. They have been around for almost 100 years and have continued to grow. This new role has been created so that the company can better align itself with its customer. The VP of Global Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will be the head of the department.
The VP of Procurement is responsible for leading procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. The VP will work with business units to lead centralized direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts. This will include working with the internal stakeholder from initial need identification to final goods or service delivery.
Managing over a $300 million global spend this person will be the head of all procurement and sourcing with dotted line reports in their China offices.
- Development of organizational procurement strategy and plans, including investment, resource and skill requirements
- Creation and management of short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives
- Development of benchmarks and metrics including routine scorecards to set baseline standards and review for improvement opportunities
- Develop and enhance strategic vendor partnerships, including supplier selection, evaluation, development, and rationalization/consolidation strategies
- Collaborate with regional leadership to negotiate strategic sourcing contracts and service-level agreements that are mutually beneficial to clients, internal stakeholders, and vendor partners
- Track, evaluate and manage vendor performance to analyze savings achieved and services delivered in compliance with negotiated terms
- Meet regularly with regional operations leadership to ensure ongoing understanding and alignment on procurement policies, procedures, and programs to continuously enhance organizational value and efficiency
- 15+ years of overall procurement experience, leading a broad array of categories within Food and Bev
- 10 years of people management experience, preferably in a global capacity
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and managing strategic sourcing programs and strategic supplier relationships within the Food/Beverage industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a procurement team
- Must have experience in conducting comprehensive supplier analysis and screening, analyzing supplier proposals and using decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to support the buying teams in negotiations and facilitate award recommendations.
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams; Displays integrity and transparency in interactions with others
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, mathematics, and problem solving skills with an orientation to details, both at strategic and tactical levels
- Good communication skills , executive presence, adept negotiator, strong relationship builder with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop a long range vision and develop/deliver plans to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Works proactively and efficiently in our collaborative team environment
- Strong drive for results, setting continually higher goals
Flexible compensation and work environment