Business Intelligence Analyst
Medline Industries, Inc.
Under minimal supervision, partner with stakeholders to develop and maintain business intelligence dashboards, reporting, and analytics solutions.
Drive business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers.
Provide project oversight, coaching, and mentoring to the BI team.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Finance leadership in the development of key performance indicators and other metrics to measure/track productivity gains/loss and identify opportunities for process improvement through automation
- Create, review, and performance tune Tableau dashboards. Ensure dashboards are accurate and display meaningful visual stories.
- Conduct data analysis in support of a variety of analytic solutions. Interpret data, analyze results, and provide insights to determine operational impact, trends, and opportunities.
- Develop complex SQLs and procedures.
- Research source data and design solutions that provide high performance visuals and dashboards in Tableau
- Provide architectural solutions covering data structures, sourcing, integration, performance, scalability, security, and retention.
- Provide reporting solutions and respond to ad-hoc report requests across multiple business areas.
- Troubleshoot Business Intelligence tools, systems, and software. This includes tracking performance and production problems.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and collaborates with other programmers.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree.
- At least 3 years of dashboard development experience using Tableau or other similar technology.
- At least 3 years of experience levering SQL for data analysis.
- At least 2 years of documenting business/technical requirements, and the ability to test and document end-to-end processes.
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities along with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
- Flexible mindset with ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Proven strong relationship-building skills and collaboration with team members and business users.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, or related degree
- Experience working with SAP Hana and/or experience with financial data a plus.
- Experience working with Alteryx or other similar technology a plus.
- Project Management skills a plus.