Quant Developer Consultant 26797
One of the world’s most prominent derivatives marketplace is focused on seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster their corporate culture and uphold their core values with integrity. In this role, you will be working with the most advanced trading technology and industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities. Come join their world-class team!
This contract role as a Quant Developer Consultant in Chicago, IL is responsible to work on enhancing the Java unit test framework in the library to generate test data suite for automation testing consumed internally and externally by the IT team.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
• Enhance existing as well as implement new testing framework in the JUnit test environment.
• General Java and/or C++ codebase clean-up and refactoring.
• Must hold master’s degree and 5+ year of full-time Java developer experience
• Field of Degree: Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
• Strong with OO concepts and algorithms/data structures.
• Strong Java development experience.
• Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation.
• Familiarity with modern software engineering practices, e.g. git, continuous integration, etc.
• Proficient in using IDE, e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, IntelliJ.
• Familiarity with Maven.
• Background knowledge in financial derivatives products and algorithmic models for pricing and measuring market risks of derivatives is required.
• Advanced Java language capabilities (interface, generics, lambda syntax, JUnit test, stream, etc.) is required.
• Delivery of high-quality code with Java JUnit tests and automated testing.
• Strong ability to learn existing application quickly.
• Ability to read and understand mathematical and algorithmic specifications.
• Ability to work independently.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer five health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.