Regional Vice President
The Regional Vice President, is responsible developing and managing long-term growth while protecting the interests of the company though the forging and maintaining customer relationships, capturing and increasing sales, managing risk and leading a cohesive, successful sales team.
The successful RVP will have in-depth experience selling product solutions for the electrical power industry. They will have experience developing successful sales strategies and initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position will bring significant experience leading and coaching sales teams in a fast-paced competitive environment, where they identify customer needs, emerging trends, and effectively respond to opportunities.
This role develops the regional sales strategy and programs relevant to the upper Midwest area of the Unites States and reports to the Vice President, U.S. Sales.
- Develop, manage, and grow sales of major regional accounts, distributors and OEM companies, to include major customers and channel partners served by the company or our Manufacturer’s Representatives.
- Develop creative sales strategies to defend existing business and capture new business.
- Demonstrate account planning experience, including customer outreach ensuring we have customer participation and feedback to the company product development.
- Develop customer relationships that support regular contact with the customer and / or the channel.
- Inspire, lead, develop and mentor a high-performing, results driven sales team.
- Responsible for providing on the job training for new hires – direct and manufacturers’ representatives.
- Mentor all the sales team on product knowledge and customer applications.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and liaise with customers, local sales team and other company team members including product development to understand customer practices and application to ensure that new products are acceptable to our customers.
- Review of Technical Material and literature issued by product management to ensure it is technically correct and complete and is in line with customer applications.
- Guide the sales team to capture all the information to ensure we can provide a complete response for customer complaints.
- Resolve customer disputes, mitigating the financial and reputational impact of quality and/or delivery challenges.
- Partner with a range of senior business leaders across the enterprise: business transformation, finance, technology, and human resources to ensure business messages are well-received and meaningful to stakeholders.
- Stay current with the company structures and be able to help their teams navigate within the company.
- Experience navigating between stakeholders, such as legal and customers to agree on terms and conditions that is at minimum fair and equitable to the company.
- Experience evaluating the implications of contract terms, such that the company’s interests are protected, and any potential risk offset.
- Responsibility for the financial oversight of the Region including the maintenance of prices and margins in line with company guidelines ensuring we annually meet or exceed budget.
- Demonstrate experience with major accounts to foresee and mitigate normal business cycles of our industry and extend opportunity where possible.
- Identify and share with manufacturing major opportunities to evaluate capacity needs.
- 8- 10+ years Sales experience in electrical power grid solutions or similar industry.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading high-performing sales teams
- Deep experience leading and driving end-to-end regional sales strategy conception through implementation.
- Knowledge of Exelon’s electric utility operating companies a plus.
- Experience using SalesForce or other comparable CRM.
- Superb written, verbal, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated track record in working with senior executives and C-suite principals
- A persuasive influencer who has the ability develop strong customer relationships, to build consensus and momentum towards long-term business solutions.
- Ability to juggle heavy volume of diverse projects, including both strategic and tactical assignments.
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines with resilience and intellectual flexibility.