Business Proposal Coordinator
Help At Home
Help at Home is still hiring in your community!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support, providing a gold standard of care to seniors and people with disabilities.
Right now, our clients need us more than ever. We are still hiring compassionate caregivers, and we are taking every precaution to protect our communities.
We commit to being transparent and open in our hiring process to ensure your health and safety. Our clients, caregivers and employees will always be our top priority.
Help at Home seeks an experienced Business Proposal Coordinator. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the coordination of business proposal submissions and sourcing of procurement opportunities. The Business Proposal Coordinator will work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Notice for Founding Opportunities (NOFOs), etc. Additionally, this position will coordinate and compose all Letters of Inquiry/Interest (LOIs) and manage the entire RFP response process to ensure the timely delivery of compelling and compliant business proposals for all company service lines.
The Business Proposal Coordinator role details researching, writing, procurement of new leads, and responding to bids and funding opportunities. This position is also responsible for managing the pipeline of each opportunity throughout the process of obtaining a funding award.
This position will develop a calendar cycle and implement systems that supports responding to opportunities, renewal of proposals/bids, vetting our organizations narrative and impact and working closely with the Contracts Coordinator to ensure the scope of award is captured within the contract and properly implemented to meet all contractual obligations.
The Business Proposal Coordinator should exhibit strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively to tell the story of Help at Home. This position must adhere to privacy and confidentiality regulations.
- Serves as the central point of contact on all assigned proposals.
- Lead the entire funding progress from the beginning of engagement to the end of the award notification cycle.
- Analyze RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans.
- Schedule proposal and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance metrics for all phases of the business proposal development.
- Plan winning themes, value propositions, strengths, risk reducers, and differentiated solutions to initial proposal outlines.
- Engage with Regional Vice Presidents and other key stakeholders for content development.
- Work with Proposal Manager to develop a mission story bank.
- Write persuasively, including executive summaries and other critical components of deliverables such as; past performance volumes, technical and management volumes, security volumes, and capturing actions from meetings with proposal team members, capture teams, and understanding of the business’s value proposition.
- Interview team members on successful or unsuccessful strategies and tactics.
- Facilitate a retrospective assessment on proposals, and refine future proposal strategies, process, templates and training.
- Monitor proposal content to ensure the continuity of compliance meets the RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical provisions.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with all providers.
- Manage the collection of necessary documentation that will be included in proposal and bid submissions.
- Work cross functionally amongst departments to ensure timely proposal and bid submissions.
- Stays abreast of provider recruitment and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Monitor for relevant competitive procurement opportunities, including management and the maintenance of the bid pipeline and the circulation of all announcements to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop library of reusable components, templates, and processes to improve response time and improve quality on future bids.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting as needed.
- Be in the know of industry trends and talking points to ensure relevancy of all proposals.
- Acknowledges more responsibilities will be added per business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in proposal development.
- Three (3) years of experience in funding procurement.
- Three (3) years of experience in pipeline management.
- Three (3) years of experience in grant/proposal coordination.
- Experienced in working in the homecare, senior and family services industry is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, which includes presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within diverse teams across all departments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data sets and analytics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional fund development reporting skills.
- Strong research and analytical abilities.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with a minimal amount of oversight.
- Ability to work well within a diverse team and across departments.
- Ability to work in a deadline - conscious, results-driven environment.
- Must possess strong customer and communication skills.
- Office based in downtown Chicago.
- Must be able to work all assigned work schedules.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- 15% of occasional travel required (including out of state).