Project Engineer - Entry Level
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
My client is a Heavy Civil General Contractor in the Chicagoland market that completes over $200M in work across the heavy civil space (excavation, asphalt, concrete and more) and has an immediate need for a Project Engineer, with 0-2 years in the construction industry, to help lead multiple projects averaging at $15M per job.
My client has operated in the Chicago construction market for over 55 years and is known as a premier contractor that completes excavation, asphalt, and concrete projects for both public and private clients. With multiple asphalt plants close to major highways, my client has completed over $300M worth of work in a single year before and has tremendous bidding capabilities ensuring a steady stream of jobs.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all the GPS base stations, machines, and rovers on the job site.
- Perform layout and staking on the job site for construction crews.
- Collect topographic information for existing, ongoing, and final points to accurately calculate quantities for the job.
- Work with the Superintendent to provide timely information for excavation activities as well as collaborating with the Project Management Team to calculate final quantities for the job.
- Daily communication with the Project Management Teams, Superintendents, GPS Managers, subcontractors, GPS laborers, and GPS operators regarding scheduling.
- Previous Internship in a Civil Construction role and/or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of civil construction experience or survey experiencd preferred
- 1 year of 3D modeling experience preferred
- Basic knowledge Surveying
- Experience with GPS technology (Topcon and/or Trimble)
- Competitive Salary depending on experience (initial range 65-85k)
- 15-20 PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Medical Benefits
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- End of year bonus
- Company vehicle provided
- Company cell phone and laptop provided
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Maternity Leave - 8 paid weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 paid weeks
- Holiday Raffle
- Referral Bonus
- Education Bonuses
- End of year celebrations