Product Manager - Lab Capital
Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline Industries has an immediate opening for a Product Manager - Lab Capital in our Laboratory Product Division! The Product Manager, under general supervision, will manage the full product lifecycle including sourcing, marketing, new product development, sales support and financial growth of distributed lab capital. Product line to include small and large colume hematology, chemistry, immunoassay and spcialty instrumentation and along with corresponding reagents and controls.
This person will also work with and train Acute-Care, Education & Research, Physician Office sales forces, and with dedicated Laboratory sales specailist team to be able to confidently sell product to customers.
- Serve as the key point of contact and product expert for all related distributed vendors. Meet with vendors to be trained on all aspects of each product and manage the negotiating of pricing, product availability, and market access.
- Identify and develop new exclusive lab capital products and manage each stage of the process through take to market. Working with Manufacturing, Medical Affairs and Quality to evaluate market viability, regulatory pathway, and company impact.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with corss functional teams, analyzing seasonal trends and forecast to manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and reducing backorders.%26ensp;%26ensp;
- Work closely with local field sales and corporate accounts teams to address all GPO, Prime Vendor, and/or Integrated Delivery Network contract needs related to pricing and product access.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree
- At least 2 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry)
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)