Chicago Electric is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team in Chicago, Illinois.
Chicago Electric, founded in 1910, is a leader in the application of technology for industry. We are a world class Systems Integrator with an emphasis on Drives, PLC???s, Motion Control, Vision and Robotics. Our services include design, engineering, panel assembly, programming, testing, mechanical fabrication, installation, startup, and field service.
As an Engineering Manager with Chicago Electric, you will be responsible to ensure the concept, design and function of all projects being quoted. Ensure costing is correct for system concepts building up to the quoting phase. Ensure projects within the company/customer maintain defined parameters of time and final budget. This will include, but not be limited to, overseeing engineering staff, approving staffs work, own work as an engineer/applications engineer, Design, and approvals of automation systems in both mechanical and electrical content and function. Coordinating the schedule of the engineering staff, professional development of the engineering staff, and company procedure and system recommendations to enhance efficiency and accuracy of the department. Responsible for leading, contributing to, and supervising a team of mechanical, Controls and Electrical engineers that design, develop, test, and startup projects.
- Supervise, manage, and lead the engineering group throughout all aspects of each project from inception through startup including generating BOM???s, drawings, programs, and manuals
- Concept and design full automation systems including systems incorporating industrial robots.
- Collaborate with the engineering, mechanical build, and Electrical Build teams to ensure project delivery meets quality standards and on-time deliverables
- Discuss and lay out project specifications with the sales team for new projects
- Plans, organizes, and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines
- Provide mentoring, set engineering priorities, design direction, peer review, and performance reviews for the engineering team
- Review product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess effective leadership abilities and be customer satisfaction focused.
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent degree
- 10+ Years??? experience in the Technology Industry
- Ability to think creatively & quickly identify key issues and develop solutions
- Technical skills ??? Expertise in??? AutoCAD, Solidworks, various other design software,
- Ladder logic, C++, HMI, SCADA, VFD???s, Servos/Motion, and Robotics
- Computer skills ??? Office365
Salary is competitive and is based on experience, with a competitive benefits package, and paid overtime.