Claims Representative Trainee Liability
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader, that serves an important social purpose, then we invite you to consider becoming an Associate in our Trainee program. We believe in work/life balance and full time here means 35 hours per week.
Claims Trainees typically spend 6 - 9 months in training, before beginning a well defined career path with the opportunity for promotion as you meet new performance goals. If you've got the drive to succeed through service we'd love to talk with you.
As a Trainee, you will gain skills and experience, via structured learning and on-the-job mentoring:
- How to investigate, evaluate, and make good decisions about claims
- Negotiation skills
- How to understand and utilize medical terminology
- Financial skills, to analyze and evaluate various coverage, liability, exposure and damage issues
- How to be effective and compassionate in your communication style with clients and other contacts
- High School diploma.
- No prior experience required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Attitude/Initiative - ethical, optimistic, adaptable, analytical, self-starter, problem solver, patient, able to start making suggestions rather than asking for solutions, enjoys working in fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills - attention to detail, time management, focus on priorities, thoroughness, follow up
- Continuous learning - Understands before making judgements and acting, asks appropriate questions, learns from others and passes state specific licensing exams
- Interpersonal skills - ability to read and work with a variety of people, assess credibility, maintain optimism, build relationships, be resilient and approachable
- Communication - concise, clear, proactive, keep others informed, active listening for comprehension, demonstrates discernment, communicates reasoning behind decisions
- Client Focus/Empathy - appreciate client needs (internally and externally), understand client expectations, deliver quality service, communicate often, be responsive, passion for helping others, understand GB's social purpose
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.