Project Manager, A/E (Design Group)
Barry Wehmiller Design Group
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Project Manager, A/E Design Build, will play a vital role in DG’s Central Region leading Food & Beverage and Consumer Health manufacturing projects working with our talented A/E design team. We seek a passionate, high achieving professional who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. A leader, mentor, coach with infectious enthusiasm who lifts others to his/her level and exhibits uncompromising dedication to client welfare. A subject matter expert who can meet client needs and guide them in industry leading best practices for complex projects. Execute and lead all phases of design which includes feasibility studies, planning, concept development, scope, detailed design, and construction documentation. This person will also have a solid knowledge of Building Codes and construction document preparation as well as all stages of development (review, bid, permit, etc.). Projects are industrial and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from concept design through start-up
- Oversees the preparation of plans, specifications and contract documents
- Administers overall facility (site, buildings, infrastructure) design and construction, solves design problems proactively and collaboratively through client and design team interface
- Manages all client communications and client expectations
- Manages project timelines, budget, scope, change and risk throughout the project execution.
- Ability to evaluate project progress and adjust critical path for scope completion and budget adherence required
- Interfaces and coordinates with local authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ’s). Reviews, interprets and applies the Building Code in compliance with the application.
- Interfaces with the Construction Manager and Site Manager to resolve design coordination details and any constructability issues as well as assists with the value engineering effort.
- Prepares proposals and participates in sales presentations
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant project management and engineering experience executing capital projects covering schematic design, design development, plan check and permit acquisition, construction documents, contract documents and construction administration services.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device projects preferred
- Exposure to and a working knowledge of a broad range of engineering disciplines including civil/site work, structural, architectural, mechanical systems (refrigeration, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, hot water, domestic water, compressed air, plumbing and HVAC), and electrical power distribution.
- Plant engineering experience is a plus
- Execution of projects within an A/E/C design firm.
- Developed specifications, interfaced with and coordinated multidisciplinary teams, both on-site and remotely, particularly in private industry.
- Facility, utility design projects for manufacturing and distribution clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for formal presentations, maintaining client relationships and interacting with our valued team members.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering is required
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineering License or Architect licensure is highly desired
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group US Inc