Housekeeper - Environmental Services, Registry, Evening Shift
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
If you are seeking career advancement, continuing education and research opportunities coupled with a diverse and welcoming workplace, competitive compensation and generous employment benefits, please consider the following opportunity, or visit our careers page to explore additional openings.
The Housekeeper will maintain assigned area in a sanitary and orderly condition. Performs a variety of duties including cleaning and dusting furniture, vacuuming floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. The Housekeeper is also responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. May also be assigned to clean snow or debris from Institute grounds and notify management of the need for major repairs.
The Housekeeper will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Housekeeper will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Performs general housekeeping responsibilities such as moping, dusting, vacuuming, carpet shampooing and other related duties.
- Cleans and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors and similar equipment; replenishes supplies of soap, towels, toilet paper and other dispensable items.
- Strips, buffs and applies wax to floors in designated areas on a routine basis.
- Picks up trash and empties wastebaskets from and transports to designated location outside building; cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans and/or chemically disinfects walls, ceilings, windows, radiators and blinds in patient rooms, hallways and other areas.
- Moves and arranges furniture/equipment in an orderly fashion. Sets up required meeting and functional rooms.
- Maintains outside grounds during summer months and may operate snow plow tractor for snow removal during winter months.
- Removes soiled bed linen from assigned areas; makes beds with fresh linen in prescribed manner at patient discharge.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.