Underwriter I - Commercial Fleet
AmTrust North America
The Underwriter I administers the underwriting and servicing of new and renewal accounts for agents and producers assigned within the territory in compliance with company underwriting, authority, and pricing standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Write and retain a profitable book of business through solid risk analysis, pricing and servicing. Maintains compliance with state filings and adheres to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines. Operate within written authority grant and makes referrals to Home Office Underwriting as required
- Collaborates closely with territory team. Keep peers and Territory Management informed of all issues and activity
- In collaboration with Territory Management, develop and implement the territory business plan and share accountability with team in meeting territory goals
- Collaborate with the team to develop, manage and maintain outside client relationships which will include traveling in the territory to meet with agents, producers and nonprofit associations or organizations. Actively participate in industry events as required such as but not limited to agency or association conventions
- Provides professional, timely and courteous communication and service to external clients and cross departmental staff to successfully resolve issues pertaining to policyholders and territory producers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 1-3 years of commercial lines property and casualty experience
- Demonstrated experience with commercial auto and cargo insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Respect for confidential information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.