Help Desk Support Representative
Company and Culture
Everywhere Wireless is the leading independent, privately-operated Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Chicago. The company competes with Comcast and AT&T to provide Internet access to business and residential customers throughout Chicago and Chicagoland. Using the most advanced microwave and fiber-optic technology, EW has disrupted the status quo in the ISP space by providing customers with a superior Internet experience, all-the-way-around. Just see our 5-star Google and Yelp! Ratings.
Everywhere Wireless is seeking to hire phone support specialists who will support customers of our Gigabit Internet services. Potential candidates should have a basic understanding of computer hardware, software, and wireless routers. If you have some knowledge and a strong interest in computers/networking along with customer service skills and experience, we are willing to train advanced skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure and troubleshoot wired and wireless network issues for customers over the phone.
- Recognize and understand how to configure customers' equipment to connect to the Internet via a wireless router, which may include connecting standard consumer electronic devices such as streaming devices, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and more.
- Provide a high level of customer service, educate customers on the use of products and services, and recommend products and services to meet customer needs.
- Conduct follow-up calls to customers with recent completed service requests or calls
- Reply to customer email inquiries.
- Work with customers to sign up for new service and resolve basic billing issues.
- Troubleshoot advanced networking protocols within the company network.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Requires either previous networking or telephone customer service/support experience
- A basic understanding of computer hardware and software and consumer wireless routers
- High ethical standards, strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment, respect for others, the ability to acknowledge and build on others' ideas, and support for group decisions
- Must have the ability to solve problems with patience and a positive approach.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Salary: $13 - $15 / hour + Bonus Opportunities
- Health and Dental benefits; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; and more great perks.
Everywhere Wireless is an ideal place to work. If you have a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a common-sensed approach to business, you will fit right in with the company culture. EW values initiative and rewards employees that consistently exceed goals, objectives and expectations. EW is headquartered in the West Loop technology hub alongside Google, Echo, Belly, Jump Trading, Lightbank and many other fast growing technology companies. The office is within easy walking distance to the CTA, Michelin-rated restaurants, entertainment venues and the Fulton Market District. The company is heavily involved with the Chicago community and its respective neighborhoods, with participation ranging from charity events, to non-profit volunteer work, to supplying many of Chicago's beaches and parks with free Wi-Fi through its partnership with the City of Chicago.