Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Flex is the manufacturing partner of choice that helps a diverse customer base design and build products that improve the world. Through the collective strength of a global workforce across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex delivers technology innovation, supply chain, and manufacturing solutions to various industries and end markets. Create the extraordinatry: https://flex.com/careers.
- Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
- Type: Public Company
- NASDAQ: FLEX
- Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
- Company Size: 10,001+ employees
- Website: flex.com
*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.
The Facilities Supervisor will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. Responsible for providing immediate supervision to a group of employees for the implementation of moderately complex activities related to the efficient management of facilities in order to ensure that buildings under the organization’s responsibility meet the required company and government standards and regulations.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Develop specifications relating to equipment, wiring, and utilities to ensure operations are within government regulations.
- Manage budget and schedule for moderately complex facility modifications, including costs of contract labor, equipment and materials.
- Plan and coordinate with staff activities related to space allocation, equipment and furniture layout using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Work with senior managers from various departments to provide engineering and technical support.
- Manage daily facility operations and resolve any escalated issues.
- Oversee repair and preventive maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Train staff on any changes to policy and procedures.
- Recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Interact frequently with subordinate supervisors, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels.
- Conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules.
- Implement appropriate HR Strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment & technical background.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Hands- on individual.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Highest level may perform both software and hardware maintenance.
- Knowledge of functional techniques and has input to process improvement.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of complex manufacturing process equipment.
- Understanding equipment troubleshoots.
- System knowledge: mechanics, hydraulics, electrical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and communication skills required.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Should have relevant experience in a regulated industry (medical, automotive, electronics)
- Experience in a fast-paced growth oriented manufacturing environment.
- Equipment and facilities validations.
- Construction project management experience.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]