Sr. Strategic Marketing Product Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbot Abbott Diagnostics:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for
hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for an Sr. Strategic Marketing Product Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Strategic Marketing Product Manager is the core marketing owner and driver of the success for their designated products. This is a general management role that requires Marketing strategy development and oversight while contributing to and influencing all facets of Sales and Marketing within the division including: Forecasting, Financial and Marketing Plan Development, Sales Materials and Training, Pricing, Materials Management, Business Development, and New Product Development and Introduction.
- The Senior Product Manager shall maintain product expertise for products/franchises, including market sizes/trend share, customer needs and targeting, product performance/benefits/weaknesses/positioning.
- The Senior Product Manager shall provide on-going support of new solution development including customer requirements definition, product concept validation, financial analysis, and securing Business Unit commitment through market launch.
- Success will be measured against sales and margin expectations, sales force competency/knowledge level and market image.
- Maintain market expertise for products and franchises, including in-depth knowledge of competitor products and strategies, market trends and dynamics, market/franchise critical success factors, and customer needs.
- Develop and update annual marketing plans/strategies including market analysis, customer segmentation and targeting, product positioning, competitive assessments, and SWOT or other situation assessment.
- Assess new markets and opportunities in support of BD and R&D.
- Designs strategies to maximize the profitability of product lines by collaborating with assigned staff, conducting market research and performing financial analyses.
- Contributes toward the development of an annual departmental budget by forecasting future needs, utilizing previous year's budget, current objectives and budget guidelines.
- Create and develop strategies for new product commercialization.
- Ensures projects are consistent with product line strategy and messaging is effectively conveyed.
- Coaches others within Marketing in the development of projects and/or programs.
- Support launch readiness by developing product inventory timing, marketing programs, and working with communications manager to develop promotional collateral.
- Take a leadership role on project teams to work closely with the project manager to drive accountability and team achievement of goals and milestones.
- Manage creative agencies to plan, develop, and execute new materials.
- Partner with regulatory colleagues in the review and negotiation of materials to ensure competitiveness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Work closely with cross functional New Product project teams to develop detailed forecasting
- Forecasts will support corporate annual R&D development program funding requests.
- Develop PLAN & Update forecasts and justification for respective product lines worldwide and present to BU senior management.
- Work with clinical team to develop and drive strategic publication initiatives supporting new product launches.
- Acts as an advisor to management on specialized business projects (managerial, technical, leadership, clinical, marketing). Acts as a mentor to key staff members. Has demonstrated leadership and management qualities. Actively participates in comprehensive development of plans including an outline of duties and project assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Science, engineering, business or marketing. An equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Job requires substantial financial skills, market analysis and advanced communication skills. Knowledge/ability to develop and execute a "new" product launch.
- Must be able to understand technical and scientific information.
- Must be willing to understand and comply with Regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to complete multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing, Engineering, management or sales
- Requires strong analytical skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to influence and motivate individuals from sales, marketing, and other functional areas to drive product sales.
- Minimum 3 years sales management or marketing experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.