HSI is a leading Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and workforce development provider based in the United States that offers safety and workplace training, safety management software, compliance solutions, employee management and development training, and emergency care training for CPR, AED, first aid and more. Founded in 1977, HSI has seen tremendous growth supported by innovative technology, robust systems and exceptional customer support.
Our mission is to make the workplace and community safer.
Due to our continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Marketing Director to join our US-based Marketing team. This is a remote role but must be located in the continental United States.
The Marketing Director is part of our Sales and Marketing team and will be a key business partner, assisting with marketing initiatives in the US and beyond. You will be responsible for helping lead and execute the company’s marketing strategy, including brand strategy, demand generation, digital marketing, social media, and PR/ communications.
The Marketing Director must be strategic but also very tactical, able to actively engage with the marketing team to move initiatives forward through helping with campaign development, writing, design direction, project management, etc. In this role, you will be challenged to allocate effort and resources to drive overall omnichannel success for HSI including the oversight and management of specific marketing program strategy, digital marketing, and demand generation to ensure financial growth. This position is also responsible for assisting with the marketing budget and communicating marketing analytics and metrics.
- Help lead the charge in driving rapid growth across our various solutions and brands.
- Help manage the daily work of a team of marketing professionals within the assigned HSI business units.
- Oversee HSI demand generation vehicles, their message, performance, measurement, and reporting.
- Collaborate with sales leaders to drive and report on revenue performance against targets across the company.
- Coordinate and communicate go-to-market strategies and efforts across a marketing business unit including launch strategies, media/press announcements, and internal employee communications.
- Help manage the marketing budget & marketing vehicle spend within a marketing business unit, allocate dollars to deliver the best ROI.
- Help lead the Marketing Communications strategy within a marketing business unit, including messaging, and ensure customer-centric value proposition is front and center in HSI marcomm.
- Help with marketing planning and coordination of strategy for a marketing business unit to achieve forward-looking company goals.
- Create and drive a marketing operations culture of measurement across the team to track and optimize key metrics and understand the pulse of how marketing impacts revenue.
- Help with effective brand integration of new products and acquired companies.
- Participate in product design and product marketing tradeoffs to ensure the right products are brought to market.
- Initiate ROI-based scenario planning to optimize marketing investments and net marketing outcomes.
- Maintain a commitment to HSI customers and champion this effort across the company.
- Know our market, customers, customer segments, trends, customer pain points, and benefits of our products/services.
- Consider customer impact in all marketing decisions.
- Study and stay abreast of industry trends, competitive strategies, best practices, opportunities, threats and develop/implement plans to keep HSI in an industry-leading position.
- Serve as a market expert, providing insight and guidance to the global organization.
- Ability to travel: 15-20% domestically.
- 8+ years of marketing/product marketing/brand marketing experience, preferably within an international organization.
- Experience building and driving multi-channel marketing programs over long periods of time to drive leads and sales pipeline.
- Strong understanding of the entire marketing and sales process from lead generation to marketing automation (HubSpot) to CRM (salesforce.com)
- Strong hands-on SEM experience with the ability to track and optimize campaigns.
- Experience using analytics and reviewing up “through-the-funnel” marketing dashboards to optimize marketing spend and initiatives.
- Track record of serving as both a strategic leader and a tactical team resource who is executing on the marketing strategy.
- Expertise managing and presenting a multi-brand strategy both internally (employees) and externally (customers, partners, market)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, business, or a related field.
- Marketing leadership experience within a SaaS-based organization.
- Experience using a multi-channel marketing approach including Account-Based Marketing (ABM) to drive MQLs.
- Go-to-market experience across a multi-brand offering.
- Experience working with private equity-backed, fast-growth mid-market businesses.
- Experience in digital advertising and related marketing metrics
- Experience working in a matrixed, international business.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including Medical, Dental Vision, Life, and Disability insurance, matching 401k, unlimited paid time off.
- flexibility, autonomy, and support in your day-to-day activities.
- a rapidly growing organization where you can make your mark.
- an opportunity to work with a fun and friendly team of like-minded people.
- on-the-job training and career development opportunities to help take your career to the next level.