Specialist, HSE Sr I
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Specialist will be responsible for championing GoalZERO behaviors across all employees and contract personnel at the site and driving continuous HSE improvement. This position will also be responsible for driving compliance with state and federal HSE regulations and other related HSE standards and company policies. These activities will require communication with a diverse group of customers, including engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Support HSE programs (life critical processes, industrial hygiene, emergency response, waste handling, OSHA and EPA compliance, etc.)
* Lead improvement initiatives
* Participate in and lead HSE teams (employee teams, emergency response, etc.)
* Maintain ownership of assigned site HSE programs/systems
* Interact with plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory and procedure requirements
* Understand base HSE concepts, regulations, and standards and act as a champion for improvement and compliance
* Develop a knowledge of the units and processes to which the regulations and requirements must be applied
* Monitor site HSE performance and track progress
* Manage program to maintain site's compliance with HSE requirements
* Lead industrial hygiene coordination for site
* Bachelors Degree required, safety engineering degree preferred
* Certified Safety Professional or other safety professional certifications/credentials
* 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
* 2 years of prior leadership and contribution to HSE processes is preferred
* A strong desire to advance GoalZERO by being part of HSE
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience implementing changes and processes necessary to comply with regulations and requirements
* Ability to represent company with regulatory agencies
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Gary
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago