VP International Expansion
What You'll Do
- Architect a cross-functional go-to-market strategy that encompasses sales, marketing, and customer success for new markets the company is not yet in
- Create near and long-term KPIs to guide our company's growth over the next 18 - 24 months
- Work hand-in-hand with the executive leadership team to set and accomplish big-picture goals
- Build a cohesive strategy for international expansion over the next 2 years and beyond to determine where to go when - including research and market assessments to prioritize, e.g., market size / opportunity, strategic / brand relevance, and operational considerations including complexity & risks
- Execute on the strategy tailored to selected markets & retailers, including channel strategy, marketing / brand building plans, and operational support needed
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the business plan in support of the new product launch, including forecasts and P&L’s
- Source, recommend, negotiate, and own third party relationships with distributors and vendors necessary to launch new global markets, partnering with VP of Sales on retailer expansion
- Identify and project manage all cross-functional work streams necessary to launch in new markets, and work closely with other leaders and teams (namely Retail, Digital & E-commerce, Brand Marketing, Operations) to launch
- Build the tracking systems and success measures for entry, ramp, and growth in each market
- Partner closely with in-house and external supplemental agency support as needed across Regulatory and Legal to ensure compliance, risk management, and brand defensibility
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in international expansion, general management, growth strategy, business development.
- Proven track record launching consumer businesses in global markets required, experience in China strongly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, a passion for new business and a proven track-record in generating, leading and converting opportunities.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, flexible, self-motivated, and able to succeed in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, effectively manage time and respond to changing priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and work effectively with team members and various key stakeholders.
- Inspiring, motivated, and proactive leader that will creatively think outside the box and challenge the team to do the same to build solutions to give the brands an edge.
- Sound financial acumen; strong analytical skills and ability to make data driven decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); must be able to create engaging reports and presentations.
- Experience in beauty required.
- Experience in digital / e-commerce strongly preferred.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel required up to 30% post COVID-19.