Business Operations Analyst
Medline Industries, Inc.
Under general supervision, perform intermediate level data research and financial analysis to support business operations and present findings to manager or project leader. Plan and prepare business, financial and data analysis. Develop recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Identify data and reporting tools necessary to/and perform business, financial and data analysis. Develop reporting/analysis for product manager, sales, and/or customers. Communicate the results of the business, financial and data analysis.
- Work directly with internal teams (such as Sales, Inventory Management, Finance) to provide intermediate level analysis and reporting as necessary.
- Develop and analyze scorecards, providing insight into trends or unusual performance.
- Organize, plan and recommend analysis and reports consistent with continuous improvement of processes and procedures. Recommend, develop, create and implement standard reporting for routine business reports. Recommend, develop, create and implement ad hoc reports as business conditions necessitate.
- Monitor for data accuracy, timeliness and integrity in data used in analysis and reporting. Communicate to appropriate personnel if data inaccuracies exist.
- Ensure follow-up so that analysis and reporting outcomes are reviewed and implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in an analytical role.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of algebra and business statistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Mathematics or Applied Statistics.
- Experience in an analytical role in a sales environment.
- Experience with SAP, Access or FoxPro.