Residential Installation Technician
Responsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring the skills and knowledge involved in the competent performance of the tasks relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities. Functions in an entry-level, trainee position with an increasing degree
of proficiency and decreasing degree of supervision with regard to those skills and tasks for which training and instruction are received during tenure in this position. Completes written and field assessments, meeting/exceeding employee standards, and supervisor approval will be
used to determine advancement to the next level. Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required training, certifications, and safety requirements. Works on straight forward tasks using established procedures.
- Performs installations and changes of service, while adhering to: applicable codes, requirements, guidelines, company procedures, and safe
- work practices in order to provide an outstanding customer experience. Updates customer account to ensure an accurate record of products and services is captured to ensure that customer has a positive experience throughout the ongoing customer relationship.
- Through the use of sound judgment and decision making, troubleshoots and problem solves customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products and services are working properly to drive a positive customer experience.
- Communicates, engages, and provides customer with education on products and services.
- Persists and finishes projects despite obstacles with little supervision, take extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities to further engage customer with our products and services and enhance the ever-evolving customer relationship.
- Displays active listening skills, perceive emotional awareness in difficult situations, and empathize with customers to enhance an overall positive experience.
- Uses installation tools and hand tools and perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs), including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders, and bucket trucks (18to 26 feet).
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and uses hand tools.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time and performs work near power lines and electricity.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Through the use of Company vehicle maintains proper equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties. Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4 days a week and available to work overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works in areas with exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installations, and other areas as necessary.
- Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required training, certifications, and safety requirements.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
High School Diploma / GED
Base Pay: $15.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.