Estimator - Construction - Itasca, IL
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Estimator for a Construction General Contractor that focuses on healthcare, federal/government, higher education, light industrial, multifamily, and commercial construction projects throughout the Chicagoland area.
My client is a construction general contractor that has been in the Chicagoland area for over 80 years. They are an established construction contractor that has focused on creating relationships with their clients for continued repeat business. About 96% of their business is repeat and complete both ground up and interior construction projects. They have been steadily growing the past 15 years and have continued to deliver high quality projects and win construction work even through economic downturns. They have around 150 people within their company and work on construction projects throughout the Chicagoland area.
My client is seeking an Estimator for construction projects specifically within federal, healthcare, and commercial construction projects. This role will report directly into the VP of Estimating and will have support from Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers on the construction projects. The role of the Estimator will include the following:
- Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-through and site visits.
- Review bid requirements for projects ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Prepare takeoffs, work with subs and suppliers to secure competitive pricing.
- Identify, manage and maintain relationships with subcontractors, ensuring bids are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
- Develop and sustain working relationships with clients through direct communication.
- Properly turn over bid documents and sub/supplier buyout information to Project Manager in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
This role is excellent for an Estimator within the construction industry looking to continue their growth upwards to a Senior Estimator/Preconstruction Manager. My client intends to continue to grow their team significantly in the coming years and therefore an excellent opportunity to be joining during such an exciting stage in their growth.
Apply today for consideration within 24 hour of resume submission.
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
- 5-8+ years of successful completion of construction projects as an Estimator or Preconstruction Manager
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- A strong knowledge of construction industry laws, contracts, finances, insurance claims avoidance, and liability aspects
- Knowledge of construction engineering principals: methods, schedules, estimating, materials, and sequencing
- Base salary between $90,000 to $110,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus structure
- Senior Project Manager title
- 401K plan
- 15 PTO days and 8 holidays
- Car allowance
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave