Product Marketing Manager - Connected Power
If you are a Product Marketing professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in Appleton Group’s Global HQ in Rosemont, IL, with the flexibility to work remotely up to three days a week, and under the guidance of the Vice President of Product Marketing for SolaHD, you will own the product vision, strategy, and development for SolaHD’s Connected Power products across multiple market verticals, customer segments, and world regions. You will lead all product marketing projects from the category; spending time with our customers & partners, defining market needs, detailing new product specifications, establishing product pricing and positioning, and crafting marketing collateral and sales enablement tools. We are looking for someone who is relentlessly passionate about crafting differentiated solutions for our customers’ most ambitious problems and will rally the cross-functional team behind a common goal encouraging them to believe in your vision, making them proud of what they are building, and helping them understand they are part of something great and industry-changing!
AS THE PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER FOR SOLAHD CONNECTED POWER, YOU WILL:
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, collaborating cross-functionally to communicate and execute the product portfolio strategy, plans, and roadmaps.
- Serve as the specialist on our customers, including their buying habits and needs, and know your competition to gain market share advantage.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Conduct competitive analysis to resolve product features and pricing.
- Capture and translate voice of customer feedback and market trends into better product offerings.
- Lead the new product development process; from idea generation to launch, and collaborate with the various cross-functional teams to ensure implementation of the plan
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products against those of our competitors.
- Communicate the value proposition of our products to the sales team and generate high-quality sales aids such as product guides, press releases and web content
- Develop the strategy and marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Continuously review the product offerings portfolio and find opportunities for product obsolescence and rationalization.
- Perform ongoing analysis and propose vital actions to ensure continued marketability of the product line.
WHO YOU ARE:
You create cutting-edge and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action; mapping bold steps that will accelerate the organization toward its goals. You relate comfortably with people across levels, functions, cultures, and geographies; understanding interpersonal and group dynamics and engaging in an effective manner. You keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace and use your knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions. You analyze multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately and evaluate the pros and cons, risks and benefits of possible outcomes before selecting a solution. You see opportunities that will benefit our customers by gaining their insights and using them to drive and guide the development of new offerings and solutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent field of study
- 3 years of proven product management or product marketing experience with connected devices.
- Excellent collaboration skills: people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% annually (80% within US and Canada, 20% Globally)
- Legal authorization to work in the US
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- MBA or Advanced Business Education
- One or more of the following experiences is a bonus:
- Working with customers and applications in the industrial automation market
- Any of the following industrial protocols: Industrial HART, Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP and/or ProfiNET
- Working between tech stacks that include hardware and firmware
- Working with Industrial software platforms, such as PlantWeb, Factory Talk, or S7
- Industrial Internet of Things product features
- Understanding of Cybersecurity requirements and standards for connected devices
*A background check and drug screen are required for employment
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.