VP of Seafreight Central Area
Our Chicago branch is in search for an experience freight forwarding professional with a concentration in Sea Logistics.
The position is responsible for developing, leading and streamlining the Area Sea Logistics Team. This includes control and improvement of operational procedures, primary development liaison for sales including structuring sea freight solutions and regional sea carrier responsibility.
- Ensure that operation procedures are properly fulfilled within all seafireght departments.
- Aligns area resources and planning to overall business plans.
- Ensure all relevant/applicable KPI’s set are met.
- Enforce compliance with internal/external regulation(s) (KN/government).
- Comply/follow up with Data Quality and FSL requirements/schedules in close cooperation with seafreight data quality team.
- Ensure adherance to quality and safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure billing status report accuracy.
- Monitor profit and loss target versus actual on a monthly basis for all seafreight operations within area.
- Support finance with accounts receivable issues.
- Participate in Seafreight recruitment/selection processes throughout area.
- Support Seafreight department managers with staffs overall training/cross training needs.
- Primary liaison with corporate business development and seafreight business development in assembling/preparing information for customers’ RFQ for the area.
- Manage local and regional RFQs and provide sea freight solutions.
- QBR and RFQ meetings with sales.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 5-10 years seafreight experience
- 5 years experience in Freight Forwarding Operations / Customer Service / Sales.
- At least 3 years supervising a team with excellent results.
- Travel 50% within the area and occasional international travel required.