Shipping and Receiving Lead - OCM
SGS North America
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for shipping, receiving and maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Fulfilling customer orders
- Maintain and update all data pertaining to the tracking of incoming and outgoing packages
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations regarding the shipping, receiving and storing of fuels and chemicals
- Order supplies and maintain adequate inventory levels
- Organize and maintain warehouse to facilitate operations
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with ecommerce applications
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift bulky items which requires bending and reaching.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- This position may (directly or indirectly) supervise employees and will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Executes responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws and the organization's policies which include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Conduct regular employee meetings to ensure that all personnel are completely informed regarding policies, procedures and performance issues, for their development and improvement.
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- A minimum of five (5) years of transferable experience in shipping / receiving, logistics or office management.
- Position requires incumbent to be able to work all shifts, which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.