Ref ID: 01340-0011806838
Classification: Accounting Clerk
Compensation: $17.10 to $19.80 hourly
Are you an Accounting Clerk looking to join a well-respected organization? Accountemps is seeking a skilled candidate for an Accounting Clerk position at a department. The Accounting Clerk position will require matching invoices to purchase orders/ vouchers, data entry, and assisting with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). We offer a dynamic, team-oriented workspace, great benefits, and future career advancement opportunity. This is a short-term temporary position located in the Addison, Illinois area.
What you get to do every single day
- See to the proper coding of documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Overall accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Remedy discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Transmit financial information to journals and ledgers
- Work with Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and help with collection of past due balance
- Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Produce statements and reports that require utilization of a wide range of sources
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience suggested
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.