Laboratory Technician - Naperville, IL
SGS North America
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for assisting and performing a wide range of chemical and physical analyses on petro fuels and chemicals.
- Perform all required testing on petro fuels, gasoline, and chemical samples.
- Assists in the setting up of laboratory equipment and / or instrumentation required for the analysis of samples and general upkeep and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
- Perform standardization of all solutions.
- Documents all activities and record keeping accordingly to SOP’s.
- Pick up samples from various locations and bring them to assigned Laboratory, depending on location.
- Assist in all other laboratory assignments and projects.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) coupled - a minimum of six months of experience in a Laboratory performing rudimentary analysis.
- Science degree is strongly preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals petroleum,
- Must be able to differentiate colors accurately by sight.
- Depending on location, position may require incumbent to work weekends, holiday or work a rotating shift, to meet business commitments.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell; frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.