VP International Market Planning
What We'll Bring:
The VP Market Planning International leader will lead the development of market strategies and identify and build business development strategies and execute new business initiatives that align with the International Business Unit goals and its long term strategic growth across six international markets. This role will lead the regional Market Planning teams, and demonstrate exceptional ability to partner with cross functional areas such as S&P, Sales, and Product in order to define and direct the go-to-market strategy to oversee business development for specific products and programs and to influence the overall sales effort, driving international volumes and profitability.
What You'll Bring:
The VP Market Planning International will lead the identification, capture and development of new market opportunities, and build business development strategies to drive new initiatives. This activity will align with the International Business Unit goals and its long-term growth across seven international markets. This role will build the Market Planning practice and lead the regional teams, collaborating with cross-functional areas such as Research & Consulting, Strategy & Planning, Sales, and Solutions. This will shape the go-to-market strategy in the Financial Services line of business and influence the overall sales effort, driving international volumes and profitability.
This highly strategic thinker will primarily leverage financial services industry knowledge to conduct market scans and industry deep-dives to influence business strategy and the three-year planning process, and will develop scalable insight-led thought leadership to drive priority solutions with key clients, in order to support sustainable growth and revenue attainment across International.
How you will contribute:
- ‘Voice of Customer/Market’ authority for TU, through understanding of client critical business issues (CBIs), positioning TU’s value proposition and educating the market
- Working with Research & Consulting and Strategy & Planning to identify market trends, new verticals or sectors that will best benefit from investment
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key global clients
- Primary contributor to outlining the sector needs for TU commercial success and setting cadence in creating of content and materials to provide additional focus for Sales and Solutions
- Sharing knowledge across sales and cross-functional teams and providing input to new product concepts/ requirements
- Supporting client engagement strategies in coordination with the regional executives, including input into account plans, developing compelling story-lines, consulting on pricing strategy and reviewing tactics with sales
- Translating global IP to adapt to International market contexts to drive and accelerate local adoption
- Developing and supporting execution of thematic campaigns Internationally
- Presenting at industry events, Advisory Boards and Summits
Impact You'll Make:
What you will bring:
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business and/or marketing. MBA is a plus. Minimum of 10 years proven success Financial Services experience in lending and/ or Card. Knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies is essential.
- Considerable demonstrated ability in competitive market intelligence gathering to support market strategy initiatives and the ability to effectively build a credible internal practice, with an emphasis on implementing strategic initiatives and measuring results.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with key customers, internal managers, sales professionals and peers, who may have differing perspectives or incongruous goals.
- Ability to quickly analyze rapidly changing circumstances and to provide sound strategic advice. Ability to compile and interpret complex and varied data from external and internal sources, to reach sound conclusions, and to provide well-reasoned analysis to support recommended courses of action.
- Passion for driving results and the ability to rapidly build strong knowledge of internal products and services to identify use cases and new market opportunities. Must have strong research and analytical abilities to complete sound statistical market analysis and be able to communicate results and recommendations to senior level management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, using influence rather than direct supervision, with proven ability to gain consensus and execute against strategy. Robust and tenacious and able to prioritize and work under pressure to tight deadlines. Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface with colleagues and customers at all levels, by virtue of professional competence, integrity, and personal style. Proven strategic, project management, organization and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to understand consumer behavior and its direct relationship to capturing additional market opportunities on behalf of company and its customers. A bias for well-informed action.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to make effective presentations to diverse audiences of employees at various levels in the organization able to inspire respect from all levels both internally and externally. Balanced business acumen and operational knowledge.