Marketing Product Manager
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbot Abbott Diagnostics:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a US Marketing Product Manager
The US Marketing Product Manager (PM) is responsible for setting the US strategic direction and tactical implementation of activities that will lead to a customer-centric and goal achievement culture, focusing on optimizing customer satisfaction and economic profit for their particular product line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. The US Marketing PM is responsible for creating US demand for his/her product in a manner that optimizes customer satisfaction and economic profit; while also achieving revenue goals.
- Development and execution of the marketing plan. This includes definition of and segmentation of the market; targeting and positioning; and all aspects of the marketing mix (product; place/distribution; price; and integrated marketing/promotion).
- Own all financial planning and reporting processes such as Plan; Update; LBE; LRP and contribute US specific assessment to the R&D stage gate process.
- Competition and Positioning: Thoroughly understand competitive offerings and provide the sales team with appropriate positioning and tools stressing relevant differentiation.
- Promotion: Optimize core tools provided by Global Marketing as needed and launch with appropriate localization; training; focus and monitoring.
- Internal Communication: Responsible for creating a clear line of communication between the sales team and all other areas that affect the product...Global Marketing; RA; QA; etc.
- External Communication: Interface with consultants; marketing research firms; ad agencies; other vendors; and customers to effectively manage and grow business profitably; while maintaining a customer focus woven throughout all activities.
- Another aspect of this responsibility is gaining positive media exposure in partnership with the Public Affairs department.
- This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Healthcare experience – 3 years minimum or equivalent background experience
- Marketing experience - 2 years minimum.
- Product launch experience
- Informatics product experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- The position requires an understanding of both the technology and capabilities of ADD’s products, market and customer dynamics, and functional operations across departments.
- Must have demonstrated leadership
- MBA a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.